Thursday, June 25, 2009

Villa Bali and Day 9 at the Jurong Bird Park!


Another great night... probably one of the best in my books for many reasons. Last night left Pierce at home with Cena and headed to one of our favorite places in Singapore.... Villa Bali in Gillman village... if you have been watching the blog for some time you have seen that we take all of our visitors here and they ALL love it. Grandad had to go to Hong Kong for business so he missed out but we might have to go again when he gets back. This restaurant serves Balinese, Thai, Indian and Western cuisine and everything I have had was GREAT.... we are really showing Grandma new kinds of food and I know she is enjoying her self but she will be excited to get back home to have some Long John Silvers... :-)

Last night was a great night.... and one of the best things that I got to do last night was have Q&A time with Grandma... I asked lots of question about her past, her relationship with Grandpa, being a mom, my mom and aunts and uncle and more... I learned so much about my Grandma that I never knew before... I mean really who gets to spend 2.5 weeks with their grandparents... what a blessing this time is with her... She had so many fantastic stories about Grandpa, her as a teenager, my mom, etc... that I told her that she should write a book for her family... she has 5 children, 9 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren... we would all be blessed by this book... hopefully she will write it all down one day.


Here were our appetizers... all Indian food... Naan Bread with Cheese and Garlic (the best ever) and some cucumber pepper salad thingy... the name was too long to remember... but it was good.

The next morning we woke up and headed to the Jurong Bird Park... Pierce was so excited he was beaming... can you tell?

After we got our complimentary wheel chair for Great Mama... we all headed to the first air conditioned exhibit... the Penguins... this is always our first and last stop... to cool off.
Reminds me of the movie... Happy Feet... do you agree????

Next stop the Flamingo's (or Famingooooo's as Pierce would say).

Then "the Birds of Prey" show... always a great show... bc birds are everywhere and fly right by your head.



Then we made our way to the next show... "Birds and Buddies"... another great one.

Pierce wanted to sit in Great Mama's lap... of course my mom was the first one to grab the camera and take a pic.

Here Pierce is having a convo with this bird... I asked him to stand by the bird to take a pic and he did but he was soon telling the bird to go to the other side where the other birds of his kind were... so cute...

We had to go through alot of these chain link doors (that keep the birds inside the cages) and it was always a feat to get Great Mama through in her wheelchair...she was so tickled every time.

Our last stop to feed the Lorikeets at the Lori Loft... what great fun.

Check out that bird... God is so good to us....

One landed on Great Mama's head and Pierce thought it was the coolest thing...

And then on landed on his head... he did not think it was so cool and quickly shooed it away... I could not get a pic in time but you get the idea.
Everyone is having quiet time now and then we are headed to a shopping fair this afternoon and then staying home for dinner... we need to put our feet up... and REST.
See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I definitely plan on taking my family to eat there, it was so good!! Can't wait to see you guys again. The bird park is always a blast too. I'm going to copy so much of what you did with your visitors!!! Pierce is so adorable.

Renee Westcott said...

The last pic is great. You can tell he's shooing the bird off his head. Your food pics always make me hungry.

Tricia said...

Looks like you are having so much with your family! Great pictures!

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

I love the bird park, I never get tired of seeing pictures of it! Pierce is such a cutie!

Birdcages said...

Aww, what a sweet son you have :)

 

Designed by Fabulous K