Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CHILI'S In Singapore... yippeeee!


Some of us expats have been waiting for this day.... we have seen the Chili's sign in the window on Orchard for months now and they have finally opened! Blake and I went on opening night... it was awesome. It tasted just like home and the "Americans" are there from headquarters so they served American sized portions (we will be sad when they leave at the end of the month)... that is the good news.
The bad news... we have never been to Chili's and spent $75 dollars (USD). Don't get me wrong it was well worth it but come on... who spends $75 on Chili's... I guess a bunch of hungry Expats that are longing for a taste of HOME.

10 comments:

lala00 said...

I'm going tomorrow and I can't wait!!!

Melanie said...

Can't wait to try it!!

Lisa said...

Yippee! With all of the floral arrangements there you would think they were have a memorial service for someone!

Renee Westcott said...

I bet you were so excited! When I traveled for work (all around SMALL towns in the US), we'd get excited just to see a chilis too. And that's in the US...I can't imagine the excitement in Singapore! It's comfort food.

Amy Devlin said...

Funny . . . I just saw the same post on another person's facebook who is in Singapore from Austin. Guess everyone is excited. Do you by any chance know Tracy Faulkner?

Pam said...

we went also, and were so excited! our bill was also 75.00...definately a 'treat' kinda place. We talked to lots of people from Texas...good fun for my Aggie husband! YAY for Chillis...you never know what you're gonna miss till it's gone!

Perks said...

I've laughed about the $75 thing since I read your post yesterday. $75? I would pay it too if I was far from home. :)

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

I heart Chili's - their chips and salsa are the best!

Jones Family said...

LOL! You gotta eat when ya gotta eat. $75 and I bet you're still craving it!

clement said...

The food is really great!
Did you hear? They have a bucket of beer promotion and happy hour draft now!
Can't wait til I get my hands on that bucket.
Good to know there are other chiliheads in Singapore as well!

 

Designed by Fabulous K