Monday, August 18, 2008

1st Allergic Reaction - Catalina Dressing!

Allergic Reactions (to food) has always been something that has scared me... bc you never know when it will strike when introducing new foods and how bad it is going to be... well Pierce is now 19 months old and we had our first scare. One night he was eating chicken and veggies and we were having salad with chicken... I was having Catalina dressing on my salad and Pierce now wants to dip everything (he has become a big dipper) so when he saw my dressing he wanted some... I thought this is just pureed tomatoes so I gave him a small amount and it was gone before I knew it... so I gave him more and more... well he got it everywhere and then we started to notice that his face was getting really red... we were not sure if it was the dressing or if his face was breaking out. Sure enough we started to wipe off his face and he had a huge clown smile (red area around his lips) and other small spots around his face where the dressing touched.

These shots are a little blurry bc I was not thinking about the blog (or sharing the pictures) at this time... I was just trying to capture the rash in the initial stages in case it got worse.

Pierce did not seem to be bothered by it... but after we took some quick shots I gave him some benadryl and Dad gave him a bath...

After his bath he looked much better and I had settled down... I was asking Blake if we needed to go to the hospital, if I should go get a neighbor that had grown children... anything... but he was right... Pierce was ok...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Pierce...and poor mama--How scary! He is just so cute and I can't believe how big he is getting. I've loved catching up on your blog! It looks like you guys are loving Singapore--it is such a beautiful, beautiful city! When will you be coming back to the states?

Cassidy said...

scary!!

Lisa said...

Poor baby. You know the sympathy goes out from this family since we deal with this daily for Ethan. And it's so ironic because Catalina is the only dressing E can have! Hang in there...and let me know if you need anything.

Beck Boys said...

Food alleriges are the worst. Braxton has had them since he was a baby and the unknown is so very scary. We carry our epi-pen everywhere. Sorry that happened to you, hope things get better.
Found you blog on a link from Whitney.
Lyneil

CC said...

Hey Camille...it's fun catching up w/you and your adorable family. You guys seem to be adjusting to your new home really well! So does this mean that I can add you to my blog roll...you know now that we officially found each other! ;)
Colleen

 

Designed by Fabulous K