Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Funerals in Singapore...

Funerals are alot different here then in the states.. I say that but I have yet to go to a funeral here for someone that I know but I have been able to witness 2 from my balcony. Typically for locals they hold a celebration at their house for the deceased... They party all weekend... this video below is the latest one I was able to witness and celebrated on Fri. and Sat. until wee hours in the morning, with music, tents, people, porta potty's that lined the street and more, and then the video below was taken on Sunday when they take the casket to the grave yard.


You have got to watch this video... I took this footage from my balcony when after I had heard the drums begin to sound down the street... I knew exactly what it was bc I had been watching the 'celebration for the deceased' all weekend long. I am humbled at many parts of the video especially all the people that gather to carry the casket for blocks and blocks and blocks... Just watching this production take place made me feel that this man/woman must have been very special to many people...

I have seen 2 funeral processions from my balcony to date and they both feel within 2 weeks of each other... here is a pic. of the first one. A little less dramatic...







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K