Friday, April 3, 2009

I may look different but I will dress the same!

Do you remember pics of Pierce in his first school here in Singapore... they never required him to wear a uniform which at first I thought was ok but then I realized it was just something else that set him apart as different. Pierce was the "golden child" at this school and he was allowed to do whatever he wanted bc he was happy... his teachers were excellent and facility was nice but I just don't think they knew how to deal with Pierce. We switched schools bc a friend in the condo was going to another school and his mother talked very highly of the school... so I went to visit and they were a little more stern with the rules and guaranteed me that when the other children were required to do something (sit in a circle, eat lunch, go outside, etc.) that Pierce would be required to do the same... and wear a uniform... I thought this would be better for us so we switched schools and things are wonderful and Pierce is really enjoying himself.

Here is a pic of Pierce (much younger) at his old school with his friends (which we miss).
Here is Pierce at his new school (still a local school) during his trial week.

And here is our big boy in his first uniform ready to go to school... I am so proud of him.
He no longer cries when I drop him off at school, he goes with open arms to the teacher, he is waiting on me to come pick him up while sitting on a stool with his back pack in tow... when I get there he stands up, picks up his back pack and turns around to wave good bye while saying "Good bye, miss you!"... how did he get to be so big?

7 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

This is great! The uniform looks fab on him, orange and blue are good colors for that boy! How nice that he's excited about school.

da momma said...

so proud of that cutie!

Lisa said...

He looks precious in that uniform! Sounds like you definitely made the right decision for him.

Anonymous said...

Are crocs part of the uniform, too?! All of the other kids seem to have them on as well.
Elysse

Shelly said...

It's about time that boy got him a uniform! :-) I have loved catching up on your blog...I'm always catching up. Your camera is amazing. You take some crazy good pics. All I could think about on the dentist post was how you were going to scrap those pics!!! How fun! Speaking of teeth, Avery has more teeth than I thought! I thought she only had 7, but she already has her top molars and she's working on one of her bottom teeth. Mom of the year, I know...

Rachel Kerbel said...

he is getting so big!! what a handsome little man:) i love that they wear uniforms-i am already getting into 'wesley wears such and such'. uuggg-glad you guys are doing well:)

SheridanLeftwich said...

He looks so cute in his uniform. It made me laugh that he was the golden child at his previous school. I'm glad you found a place that you like better.

 

Designed by Fabulous K