Sunday, March 3, 2013

Trip to Texas... Dec 2012

We were all excited to get back to Texas... home to some of us but a new place for Asher... I am currently reading a book called "Third Culture Kids (TCKs)" and it is very interesting.  Blake and I are raising TCKs... basically it means our children are creating their own culture bc they live in a culture that is not there own and their parents (that is us) were raised in a culture different then the way they are being brought up.... so there you have it Pierce and Asher are TCK's.. and Pierce has been for almost 5 years now and I am just now reading the book.  It is really good but one thing I have learned so far is that when I communicate to my boys that we are going home (meaning Texas in my books) it does not mean the same for them... home for them is where we are at that time.  So this year with Pierce we would say "we are going to Texas"... we would love for him to call that home one day but for now... we are headed to Texas...

The boys were all smiles... waiting in the Pusan Airport for our flight (Asher's first flight) to Japan.


It was only a 2 hour flight but I think Asher had the best seat... or should I say bed.

Big brother was all curled up in his chair but enjoyed the ride too.

Once in Japan we had to keep busy for 2 hours so we went shopping and found these ladies... we had to take a picture... they loved Asher... Pierce was sitting somewhere with the ipad... 

After our short delay... we got back in a bigger plane and this one was much longer... 11.5 hours but was so worth it... bc our people were on the other side... so excited.  Blake and Pierce in the bulk head trying to get situated... 

And a sweet surprise from my husband... he upgraded Asher and I to business class and guess who got the seat... a sleep baby = happy passengers... there happen to be an extra seat next to me so I slept in that seat and Asher on his first long plane ride to Texas was in business... oh  no... 

Both boys did great.. Asher slept like 8 hours out of the ride and Pierce almost 6... this was the first time Pierce was back in Economy and he did great... as long as he could watch his own movies and ask for a drink anytime he was happy.  We were very proud of our boys... world travelers for sure.

Come back to see more of our trip back to Texas.

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K