Saturday, March 30, 2013

Singapore in Texas...

One great thing about being in the oil business and traveling the world... is that you meet other oil business families that travel the world... but the best thing is... a huge percent of them seem to be ending up in HOUSTON, TX... this trip back home was the first time where I got to meet up with some good friends from Singapore... it is crazy how we all had to travel half way around the world to meet/or get closer... I am so thankful for each one of them.


The Willerton's... I actually went to college with both mom and dad Willerton but did not know them that well... we became great friends and neighbors in Singapore... they are back in Houston and will always be a stop on my list when I come home... and our boys are the same age... Pierce is sandwiched by their oldest and middle... and the babies are weeks apart.


The Harkless's... met them in Singapore and so blessed by their friendship... we have spent many dinners/holidays as "make-do" family in Singapore and will always have that bond... and love their girls...
 
 

Buds... sad to see these two say goodbye to each other... again.

Asher and Isaac... they too will be buds someday.
 
 
 

So wish we were neighbors again...
 

And here are more Singapore friends... we were all spread out in Houston... and some surrounding cities... so we picked a central Chik fil A and meet up... We were all so happy to see each other I felt I had to explain to some people around us that were there just for lunch, what was going on.

So So good to see them all again... 

Love me some Lori.. she set up the whole thing and was headed back to Singapore... I asked her if I could fit into her suitcase... such a sweet heart.
 
 

It was kind of sad to see Pierce with all his friends again... it was like they could just pick up exactly where they left off... refreshing and sad to say goodbye yet again... When I stop and think about Pierce and all that he has to deal with as a child of living in a different country and visiting "home", saying goodbye to friends all the time and really not being able to count on "what tomorrow will look like"... I am amazed at his ability to do so and still function... at times it still gets me all confused and seems to take awhile to get my head out of the fog... but not Pierce.. he is resilient and capable.  Love this little man to pieces...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Denton Family said...

That's just crazy that you got to see all those families in Houston.

 

Designed by Fabulous K