Monday, September 10, 2012

Going for a drive...

Last weekend we went for a drive... and we got to see some really cool stuff... one great thing about Korea is there are some pretty drives full of mountains, lots of color and some fresh air.  Here are some pics of our time exploring.... our first stop was a Buddhist temple (don't even know the name (it was in Korean :-0).  About half way through our adventure at the temple I made the comment that Asher had been to a temple before he had been to church (bc we are not taking him indoors yet) and then I said that I had been praying for him/us while we were there and Blake looked at me and said he had done the same.  And I love it that Pierce happen to be wearing his "Love your Enemies" shirt... God makes me smile all the time.
 
 
 
 
 
 

This was the first time I really got to talk to Pierce about other religions in depth... we talked about all the people he was seeing on the ground (and he called dancing) that were praying to the statues and what they were doing.  He asked if they prayed to Jesus and we talked about how they don't know Jesus so we prayed for them to know Jesus.  He was really sweet in how still he was when looking around and taking it all in and really trying to figure out what was going on.
 
 
 
 

My boys... I love them...

Then we got back in the car and headed to some waterfalls that we found on a map... we had not planned on going hiking but we were not going to let flip flops and a car seat slow us down... 
 
 

Hero Daddy hiked the whole way to and from carrying Asher in his car seat... 
 
 
 



Not really sure what these rock structures mean... but they were everywhere and we did see some kids building them... 




We had a really great time sightseeing and the best part is I love to see my husband outdoors... he loves it and we did not get a lot of these types of adventures in Singapore so to see him so excited makes me so happy.  He said this was his best day yet in Korea... and so glad that we were all together.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K