Saturday, July 16, 2011

Family night at The Big Apple Adventure!

VBS Family night is always a highlight... it is the night that brings tears to your eyes and makes all the work and long days worth it. While I was training the teachers I would tell them just when you think you can do another day or take another "rotten" kid just remember Friday night... the night when you sit there and watch the kid that has been causing some stress in your class or the one you thought was only there bc his/her parents were making them... you see them on stage praising God with a huge smile... Friday night always is my favorite.
The kids were all having a great time and the parents were all lined up to that photos and video... I was a bit busy this night so my friend was in charge of taking the photos... she did a great job and got to catch Pierce in action... being one of those rotten kids I was talking about earlier... I only had to take him off the stage once... you will see...

Pay close attention to Pierce in the next couple of photos... at first he was ok... it went down hill quickly. He is in the third row from the top looking down.

Now looking back... what are you looking at son, you are suppose to be singing and dancing.
Ok... there he goes... good boy!


Not sure when this happened (during rehearsal or the show) but you can tell he is the only one sitting down... I am sure he was suppose to be standing... :-)

Can you find him???

Now the "rotten" is coming out... he has made his way to the end of the row and just chilling (almost laying down) with his friend next to him... while everyone else is paying attention to the front...

Back on track... he is back in the game...
Uh OH... he found something shiny... a microphone.. he is no longer dancing and singing... he is playing with the microphone.
Thanks to my friend who took the pictures... she caught Pierce getting in trouble by one of the older kids... telling him to pay attention and not play with the microphone.
Didn't last long... he is back playing with the microphone.

Pierce got a good talking to at the end of that one (and you can believe all the people that walked up to us letting us know they loved the "entertainment"... but at the end of the day we were proud of our little man... Daddy enjoyed the "entertainment" as well.
Looking forward to the next VBS... can't wait... but happy for the rest now...

4 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Caught! I love it!

Karen Wingfield said...

Love the VBS pictures! We just finished our VBS yesterday!

Denton Family said...

aMom, it was a long week for our sweet boy...

tjsing said...

So glad to see so many pictures from VBS! I have been wondering how this went and I was praying for you during the first of June! I will never forget my first ever VBS with you last year. I love you and miss you guys! Jess

 

Designed by Fabulous K