Thursday, October 29, 2009

Introducing the new mistress... Jim Day!

If you have been following our blog you know about the last mistress in our life... Danny Atkins... well she is long gone (good riddens) but now there is a very similar (they look just alike) mistress in our life now... and her name is Jim Day.
Here she is:

Her christening ceremony was this week and it was an honor to be invited to the ceremony with my husband... There are many times were I can get jealous of the long hours that he puts in to his work but on that day I got a good taste of what my husband is working so hard for... and I was and am very PROUD of him and the work that he does...

I so wish I got a pic of him infront of the sign but he was off talking (and he is not a big fan of posed pics... well you know I had to get a picture of the girls at least).

For entertainment during the ceremony many local talents came to show their stuff... these were the lion dancers that walk or perform on stilts... they were so awesome....they jump around (2 guys under the lion) on these platforms... a bit scary and very fun to watch.


You wonder how they do it.. well you have got to check out the video... amazing.


There was a small speech due the rain that came in quickly.... I am sure the ones that worked so hard to pull this event off (I know I have been there) were a bit annoyed by the rain but I was very pleased that we were not sitting outside sweating in the sun...
The VIPS from the NOBLE Headquarters and Jurong Ship Yard were there and the man whom they named the rig after is in the middle with brown pants and his wife... Lady Jim Day (standing next to him) was being honored on this day... for the Lady of the family always christens the rig...

More entertainers... this guy changes his face in a split second several times... amazing how they do it... not sure...see the rain in the background.

And these beautiful Indian dancers came and they still performed in the rain.... and still looked so beautiful while doing it...

Afterwards we got a wonderful lunch in doors and viewed the model of the NOBLE JIM DAY.

Babe, I always love getting to see what you do... learning more about what takes you away from us for 12 hours out of the day but that also provides for us every day... I love that you love what you do... and I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments... the people you work with always say "they could not do it without you"... and I know that they mean it... You are my hero...
Love you (even if I have to share you)... Your wife...

2 comments:

Corrie said...

I think those big projects/rigs are really fascinating. I've got engineers in my family so I must have a that's-interesting-even-though-I'm-not-even-close-to-being-an-engineer gene. Those rigs are huge and impressive!

rachel kerbel said...

I learn so much from your blog! Thanks for asking, I am doing well-feeling pretty much back to normal (hormones are MUCH better;)
Just the knowledge that God is the giver of life really has freed me from guilt and any other emotions that can consume one during a trial. I have had to stay busy with carson and kindle, so that helps to!! Thanks for asking!

 

Designed by Fabulous K