Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Furanafushi Island, Maldives... let me count the waves...

Leaving Male to Furanafushi Island... A short boat ride and we are there... come on the journey with us.

Here is our boat... we hired a private boat so we could enjoy the ride during the day to check out God's creation... we are in the middle of the Indian Ocean and Blake and I really tried to soak in every moment.  There are tiny little atolls everywhere so it was hard to believe how far we were from any BIG main land.  I would be lying if I was not constantly praying for safety and no natural disasters.  While I was researching our trip I realized that that hotel we booked was completely destroyed in 2004 by a Tsunami.  This made the hotel NEW and well loved on Travelocity bc everything was "fresh" but I was a little nervous but definitely a lesson in that... even in Paradise Blake and I had to keep our eyes on HIM.

Leaving Male...





Here is the entire Male Island... looks so small when we are this far away from it...

This photo is a bit saturated but the water looked exactly like this... some areas really sky blue and others teal... it was beautiful...

Here is a sneak peek of Furanafushi Island... The Sheraton Full Moon and Spa awaits...


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K