Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 4 of Maui - Snorkeling Laui!

Day 4 we started out at sea... going to snorkel Laui... one of the small islands near Maui... Here is Blake with our tour guide... forgot his name but a lovely funny man.
Here is a little pic of Laui..

The gang ready to explore...

We were scheduled to leave at 7am and circle around the entire island of Laui... this was the only snorkeling trip that said they would go all the way around... but by the time we got on the water they realized the swells were to high (10 feet) that we could not go on one side so we did the tour that everyone else did... halfway and back.... can you tell by my hair just how windy it was...


By this time I was hoping for some calmer seas for snorkeling... there was no way I was going in this...

Here is one of the two resorts on Laui... looks pretty nice (Aunt JuJu and KW went to this resort recently... so sweet).

Bill Gates got married on this island and this was his honeymoon sweet... sweet...


Shark Fin Bay... we finally stop and snorkel here... wonder why they call it shark fin bay????

Our tour guide was so good he spotted this school of dolphins a mile away... the best part of the trip for me... amazing...







We got to do alot of snorkeling... saw some pretty cool things but my favorite was a huge turtle and Blake and Mark got to do a lave tube... swim under water in the lava tube and out the other side... I tried to do it but it hurt my ears so bad... was too deep for me.

Sea Legs....

Back at the small town... having their famous snow cones (shaved Ice)

We went back to the hotel changed and came back to the town for dinner... guess where...
But first I had to run out and take this picture of the setting sun... beautiful.

You got it... Burgers in Paradise...

What another lovely day with my lovely babe.

Sorry if you are getting tired of Maui.. but I have put it off way to long... so two more days to come...

1 comment:

Denton Family said...

love all the pictures. Keep them coming.

 

Designed by Fabulous K