Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 3 Part 2 - The Road to Hana - THE FALLS!

Part 2... was the best part in my opinion... when we got to one of the falls and we saw some people climbing to the top and getting wet down below... we were very tempted to get in but not sure did not look all fun or exciting... however we stood there a couple of minutes and we watched the couple come out of the bushes with mud up to their knee caps and smiles on their faces... we wanted to go where they had been for sure.... so we asked them and they told us the way was a bit of a walk that was covered in mud but worth it and no one was at that falls and it was so lovely... so we took off our shoes and off we went... the pic below was the first falls that we got to where we meet the sweet muddy couple...

And here is some of the path we had to take... this is Lisa not sure about crossing this old train track above water...

Where are we going??

Once we got close we could hear it and then we saw this... oh yeah we made it and so worth the trip... now lets get in.... remember there is no one around... a bit spooky at first.


Lisa was the brave soul... she was the first one in....
Then me...

And then we found out where Mark went... he made it to the top... "are you going to jump?"... Mark said "oh yeah"...

Soon there were two...
There goes one...
Next...
Everyone is safe and sound and the boys feel better after jumping off the falls so now we get to enjoy ourselves (they scared me I do have to say).
We were the first in and the last out... and I only had one Leach join me for the ride out.
What a great trip... more to come...

2 comments:

The Devlin Family said...

I'm loving reading about your trip to Maui and re-living our visit from October. Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay as long and didn't do the road to Hana, but it was still wonderful. You and Blake look great and I'm back to reading you again. I kind of got out of the habit when you took a break. You are so good about taking pictures and blogging all your adventures. I aspire to be in your league!

lala00 said...

We've been there! Still one of my favorite places ever. It's so much fun to read about your trip and see pictures of my old friend Mark.

 

Designed by Fabulous K