Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 4... full of fun and cuddles!

Day 4... by this time when I had Pierce I was headed home... but not this time... Day 4 and I still have a few more days to go.  The doctor came by today and checked me out and everything looks good but this was Tuesday of the week and I needed to get my stitches out on Thursday and that was the day we were shooting for to leave...

Day 4 was a little rough ... I was feeling tired from moving around so much the day before and really not able to move like I wanted to... my incision was really sore and I was finally able to see my incision which was a larger than my incision with Pierce... which we figured was causing all the pain (the doctor said the second c-section is always more difficult :-().  Also this was day 4 of trying to get the breast feeding thing down... not to go into to much detail so the short version is I had a lactation consultant come to my room about twice a day to help out and she recommend that I get 'breast massages' for the 3 days at the hospital.  So I signed up bc I really want to BF and off I went to my first massage... lets just say as I had tears running down my face as I laid on my back with my toes curled as tight as they would go and had christian music playing in my ears...I realized that they should not call this a massage but a "milking"... I have never felt more like a cow than right then.  After an hour we were done and I was suppose to go feed the baby... all I have to say is YEAH RIGHT... that is the last thing I wanted to do... but I did it... I was able to do 3 milkings before we headed home and I do have to say  (looking back) that it was a blessing... it really did help and was worth all the PAIN.

So needless to say I was really sore and to make it even worse while the lactation consultant was in the room one time she noticed that Asher was tongue tied (heart shaped tongue)... this is where the tissue that connects the tongue to the base of the mouth is too short which could cause BF issues and speech problems later... after seeing the pediatrician here in Korea she suggested that we leave it alone and not clip it.  We have read mixed opinions online and seems to be some controversy out there about this... so we are torn on what to do but this is not life threatening and a minor issue... so thankful.  The good news is I was able to get my hair washed today and take a shower without getting my stomach wet... oh it felt so good.

So all in all we had a good day but just some hiccups along the way... nothing we could not overcome and press on... Blake as always is very encouraging and kept our spirits up...

Speaking of keeping the spirits up... here is our big boy... he came to visit and had some more of that cake that Hanah and Kevin brought him... yummy.

And flowers always brighten your day... Blake's work sent the pink basket and the President of the Shipyard sent the purple ones.. so sweet of them to think of us at this time... the tradition here in Korea is for the flowers to be set outside the room (not inside) just in case the baby is allergic or the flowers have bugs... and this just reminded me of when we got Asher in our room for the first time there was some complaints from the nurses that our room was too cold... so we had to make it warmer until they would bring the baby back... yikes...

Our little man... getting a diaper change... look at all those blankets... this is bc we did not want the nurses to think we were freezing him out... they had the heat coming from the floor so we had to have the aircon on... but it was warm trust me... 

ViVi with her little man... she could have held him all day long... look how long those arms are... almost as long as his body.. 

It took 4 days... for Pierce to realize that Asher was clean enough to hold... this is the first time he got to hold Asher (or wanted to I should say)... he was so proud... and to this day still so proud... he kisses Asher all over now.
 
 

Lots of love... and lots of cuddles... so thankful that Vivi and Grandad are here to help love on Asher and Pierce...



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K