Sunday, March 11, 2012

ICS 2012 FUN RUN...

2 weekends ago we had the annual ICS fun run... last year Pierce and I both did the 5K but this year Pierce wanted to run with his friends in the 750.  He had been practicing at school and was so happy to "win the race".  Here we are on race day.
This was Pierce stretching... at least he was looking at the ground.

Pierce and his buddy Wietze did a practice run in the sand...

The start of the 5K... this year we were able to cheer from the side lines at the beginning of the race.

The boys walking to their race...

Pierce was ready... he lined up with the  year olds.... this was not his race but he sure was ready... the boy next to him in the picture below won the race for the older kids...

Waiting for our turn...

Ok... finally our turn and a lot more kids... it was a packed line up...

Getting ready to go... I thought about taking Pierce's hat off but he did not want me too... I was wondering how this was going to end up... and I really never thought twice about the 750 for Pierce but that is almost a mile... wow check out the finish.

Let the race begin... Pierce is in the white hat towards the back... you might have to watch twice to find him... he had a good pace...

There was a short distance where the kids were out of sight... they got to the end and then had to turn around and come back so us parents stayed put so we could get pics of them crossing the finish... Here come Pierce... hat in hand at the front of this pack.

And there he goes...

I did not get a good picture of him crossing the finish line bc I was yelling to much... but as he crossed the finish line he threw his hat in the air.  So cute.  Later in the car I told him I was sorry I should have taken his hat so he did not have to carry it and run and he said no mom if you took it then I could not have thrown it at the finish line... so cute that boy...

Here is Mia and Pierce afterwards... leaning against a tree trying to catch their breath... so proud of this little man.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K