Saturday, July 17, 2010

Things about Singapore

...
3 days left here in Singapore and it is really starting to hit us... we are actually saying goodbye to this place... I am sure for the next year of my life I will talk about all the things that I will miss about this place but here are just a couple that have come to mind this week...
Things I will miss:
1) The way the sunset hits all the concrete and makes a beautiful gold color

2) Having Cena around to talk to, to watch Pierce, to wash dishes and clean the house... and do the laundry.

3) When it is raining outside you can open all the windows and doors and get a great breeze since we are on the 10th floor.

4) Taking Pierce to school and watching him play with all his friends here in Singapore.

5) Going to the mailbox and getting a letter from a friend in the states... yes we have saved almost every letter we have received...

6) That when you go to a doctor, you walk out with your prescriptions... no second stop required.
7) Just being able to go downstairs and splash in the water with friends.
8) Making lasting friendships with people from around the world.. with a common denominator... we love God and we have babies.



9) That you can walk downstairs and get the scraps from the gardeners and make your home feel really homey.
10) Watching Pierce hang out with his girlfriend... and finding new bugs to show her.

Now when you naturally think about the things you are going to miss... some of the things that you are not going to miss pop up...
Things I will NOT miss:

1) Washing dishes by hand 2 -3 times a day (yes I have Cena but not every day)
2) Living as an expat you say goodbye a whole lot... I will not miss saying goodbye.

3) Well I guess there are alot of more things that I am going to miss than not miss...

72 hours to go... so sad....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read a few blogs of Americans in Singapore. But your is certainly one that I will miss!

Thank you for being such a great guest of Singapore!

Jones Family said...

Oh, Hon. I hurt for your heart. You are an adventurous woman who will make the best of everything, but I do hurt for you....and you're making me dread the day I leave my life here....

Anonymous said...

There's a lot to miss, uh?
I send you best wishes for your future.
Boonsong

The Reiersons said...

We are going to miss you - hope to live close to you in Texas when we eventually make our way there. Happy travels - will be thinking about your sweet family! XO!!!

 

Designed by Fabulous K