Monday, June 7, 2010

Last Singapore MOPS meeting...

...


26 meetings... 90 mothers of preschoolers... 500 pieces of food... and 1000 laughs... later we completed our 2009-2010 MOPS year... This year as the Singapore MOPS coordinator I have been challenged, stretched, tested but most of all I have been loved on, welcomed, taught and grown as a believer in Christ. There were definitely more smiles than tears, more mountain peaks than valleys, more friends than enemies, more rewards than challenges, more babies than adults... you get the point... It was an amazing year that I will not be able to wrap up in words... but if you could take a look into my heart you would see the MOPS symbol all big and bright... so I will take this time now if you are a mother of a preschooler and don't have a MOPS group... find one here... it will be worth it...a huge blessing for sure.

I just adore you my fellow Singapore MOPS... I appreciate all the memories but most of all the encouragement to be a better mom and a better me.





At the last meeting the new Coordinator presented me with flowers from the gang... and as she started to say something really sweet... out of feeling uncomfortable I grabbed the microphone from her...the next day I apologized to her bc I learned something about myself that day.... I like being center stage (and most of you are shaking your head yes right about now)... and I do like attention but I am really not good at taking praise especially publicly... I was really out of my comfort zone... I would rather make you laugh or tell an embarrassing story about myself than to stand there and cry... but enough about me... I guess this is me apologizing to the group publicly... :-)... Love you ladies and thanks for loving on me... It was a joy and privilege to serve with you on Planet MOM.

See I got the microphone back...

Let the hugs begin....

This is a picture of some sweet ladies... that have all truly blessed my life. I love you sweet sisters.

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K