Monday, May 11, 2009

Mama's Day 2009 - one we will never forget!


Well as most of you know Pierce has been fighting the crud for about a week and mommy started feeling bad on Saturday...so daddy took us out to get away from the house... cabin fever really bad. Saturday we headed to the mall (one of the many here in Shopping mall Capital of the world) to get the mommy day present (that we were not expecting to get but seemed like a good idea when we saw it) and have some dinner at the Thai restaurant... Pierce had not been eating all week and I knew that he would not be able to pass up some egg rolls and friend rice from Thai Accent... and we were right.

Just to back up... I got these beautiful flowers from Daddy on Friday... I just love Lillies... they are my favorite. And the maroon bag is from the Thai Accent on Saturday when we were leaving they gave me this bottle or Perrier with a note that said Happy Mother's Day... the Thai culture is so nice... what a sweet gesture.

Mothers Day was complete for me.... just that it fell on a Sunday (the only day we get the whole day with Daddy) and that all 3 of us would be together was a blessing enough... and as you know I got Anju on Friday... I did not need anything else...

But there were other things in store for us all...OK... now for Sunday morning (mothers day here in Singapore)... we got to sleep in (thank you) until 9:30am (the whole house was a sleep and it was great). But we woke to Pierce saying Mama, Mama, Mama... well if you have read my earlier post you will know what that means... Yes we found him covered in Diarrhea and Vomit AGAIN... on Mother's Day no less... His spirits were high but after daddy gave him a bath and mommy changed his sheets and cleaned his room... we saw how skinny our little man is getting... this is what will happen when a 2 year old refuses to eat... or when he does it comes back out within seconds... but as you can tell he is still happy.

Pierce was in a good mood but Mama was not... All I really needed was some NyQuil, a drainage spout and some more rest (yes after 10 hours of sleep the night before) and I would be just fine... but when I saw Pierce's face I wanted nothing more than to be awake and to be comforted by our sweet boy.

We did a have a great day just lying around the house, playing with blocks, coloring, playing with play dough, laughing, watching movies, not much eating happened.... but a day that we will forever remember together.


Here was my surprise Mother's day present... oh how I wanted this... a faster (much faster) computer...


And a printer... when we arrived in Singapore we did not want to buy alot of electronics bc we could not take them back home (and we have a bunch of stuff just sitting in storage waiting on our return) but we had suffered a whole year without a printer (and Blake's sweet assistant having to print stuff out for me all the time at work).... so they threw this in as a promotion when we bought the computer... yippppeee...

We finished the night... building a tent under the dining room table and acting like we were all a sleep... oh how I love this smile... oh how I love this boy. You make me so proud.
Oh my sweet Pierce....

If you only knew how much I adore you. I often ask people if they too want to take a big bite out of their children like I do you... I have had this crazy obsession since I first set eyes on you... Although it sounds crazy I often hear that it is normal to want to bite your children... just to eat them up.

The mornings that I wake before you... I sit outside your door waiting to hear the first peep just so I can be the first face you see and to see your sweet smile and bed hair in the morning.

The days that go by to fast... I pray that I could have them back again.

The days that go by to slow... I remind myself how thankful I am for you and know that my life would not be the same without you... I quickly remember that I want everyday to go by slowly.

The days that went by when you were not talking much to the day I could not stop you from talking even if I tried... I thought where did my baby go... and I must have said it out loud bc you replied by saying "Pierce is mama's baby"... you will always be my baby.

I am honored that God picked me to be your mommy (and your daddy to be your daddy)... we are humbled by the thought of how you are HIS first and then ours... we pray for you daily and just love to watch you grown into the little man God has you to be.

May I, as your mommy, do all that I can to encourage you, praise you, train you, teach you, love on you, adore you, but to remember the best thing I can do for you is to Worship and Love HIM first.

You are my sweet PD BIRD and I am blessed to be your mama. I love you!

6 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Girl, only you could be so sweet and sensitive on a day that started with poop and vomit! Thanks for being an example to me!

Jordan said...

What a sweet letter to Pierce! Even though the days are sometimes filled with less than fragrant bodily fluids... isn't motherhood amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed a day with your precious child!

SheridanLeftwich said...

I'm so sorry Pierce has been so sick. No fun at all. I hope and pray that he gets better very soon. Congrats on the new computer. I secretly want a new one too. :)

da momma said...

sweet words momma! hope everyone is feeling good today!

Perks said...

Very sweet! Little Pierce is one blessed child, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! It sounds like you had an amazing day. Love you all :) Elysse

 

Designed by Fabulous K