Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thankful... this thanksgiving!

So much to be thankful for... and we were reminded of that this thanksgiving... our first here in Korea and will not be our last.

The first picture is a package I received from Sara May's mom... I share my heart on this blog about just how special this girl was to me... and her passing is still something that I am processing... one minute it does not feel real  and the next I find my heart just aching with sadness... There is so much in this package that you the reader will not understand but every piece means so much to me... especially that blue notebook with a heart on it... a notebook that I have yet to read bc it is filled with notes to me from my sweet Sara and I see it everyday as it sits on my counter and I think I don't want to be sad today... maybe soon I will be strong and read her words that are written in her sweet squiggly handwriting.  Someday...

On a happier note  but just as thankful... we had a great thanksgiving feast with our church family this year... at a dear friends house... The Cloutings from the UK... they are great... Here are some pics our time together...

Liz is there in the black playing with the children... 
 

The pastor is speaking here and we are about to pray so we can EAT....
 
 
 

Man this feast was from all parts of the world... but the best story is there was a Norwegian man that brought their common thanksgiving feast of Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs... we were so thankful that he brought this bc Pierce would have starved if it was not for that dish... 
 

A fun time with friends... we are so thankful...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

Designed by Fabulous K