Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fall was short...

Man... that was one fast fall... for someone that is not use to seeing fall (autumn)... I sure was sad to see it go so quickly.... it is now really cold and the leaves are pretty much all gone but here are some pics we took during our Fall...

Pierce, Asher and I had a great craft day at home making paintings of ours and hands and feet... I saw a friend that did this on a plate and I had to steal the idea... cute right...

With support from a friend I decided one day to try out BSF (bible study fellowship) in Busan... which was about 1.5 hours away from where I live in Ulsan... I had always wanted to join BSF and thought maybe this would be a good time to meet new people, get deeper in HIS word and spend once a week in fellowship with fellow christian woman.  So I took Pierce to school and Asher and I hit the road.  I was a bit nervous driving this long distance with Asher only to have to return back home in a few hours to pick up Pierce and was hoping for a great day with the LORD... and I should never doubt Him... bc as I was driving I made a wrong turn off the interstate and hit a two lane road... He lead me to the most beautiful mountain side fill with fall trees that I had ever seen in quite some time... as I was in awe of His beauty around me the song "Sweep me Away" was playing and as tears rolled down my face I could not stop saying "Thank You, Thank You for all your blessings... how I adore you... I love being yours"... and it really hit me that I took a wrong turn on purpose bc right before I did I had been praying in the car that I was really battling if I should join BSF and having a conversation with myself about "why I was going all this distance for a bible study"... and I came to conclusion that I just needed to know that God was here with me in Korea... that through all the days when I felt all alone in a foreign country (I have my immediate family which I am so thankful for), or needing to find purpose in our journey here, etc. I needed Him and I was going to find him at BSF... well that is when I made my wrong turn and through His creation He reminded me that He was everywhere and that He was with me right that very minute and surrounded me with a song that means so much to me on many levels and with the beauty of so many colors that only God could make this masterpiece.  My heart was filled with so much peace at that moment that I immediately asked "how can I bottle this feeling up and have a drink when I need it".  I knew at that moment that I did not need to drive almost 3 hours in one day to find him but that He had been here the whole time... He was just waiting for me to need Him.  The drive on this 2 lane road was long and made my trip a lot longer than it should have been but I am so thankful that He loves me enough to love me exactly where and when I need it.

These pics do not do my "moment" any justice... it was breathtaking... when I got my sense about me I knew I wanted to take a picture to remember this drive (yes I was still driving)... so many turned out blurry... I guess it was just a moment between me and God... 
 

As the temp was changing... we had to get out the long sleeves and pants and have play dates inside... some which included a movie and popcorn.  Here Pierce is with a classmate (and good friend...although they fight like cats and dogs... his teacher says it is bc they are exactly the same) enjoying popcorn our of cute little popcorn bags from JuJu.

A cute little homework assignment by Pierce... His best friends 1) Alex (in Singapore) and 2 and 3 are new friends here in Ulsan.

As I get to watch my baby grow more and more each day... I remember vividly on the day I took this picture that there are some days you just need to hold your sleeping baby... he was having a good dream.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving... Mommy's little Turkey.... 
 

See its getting colder... burr.....Thanks to Aunt JuJu and Uncle KW the boys were dressed and ready for the winter... we had no idea how cold we were about to be... 

We are now in Winter... and I hear it only gets colder... so stayed tuned... we miss you Fall already.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Denton Family said...

Come to Texas as it's very warm!

 

Designed by Fabulous K