Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moving out... updated!


Goodbye Waterfall Gardens... moving day has come and gone and so much has happened since then but it feels like we said goodbye yesterday... oh how many great memories we made in this place... and we already miss it... Pack out took 2 days and I am still not sure how this fabulous group of men did it.  I have never had movers before and I hope never to have to move again without them... they were awesome and I have zero complaints.  They were respectful to our stuff and us, took little breaks and worked non-stop... it was amazing.  There were several times throughout the day I would feel guilty for not being able to help... I would try to feed them or give them water but they would just say they brought their own stuff.. and keep on working.

Here is Day 1... they were so fast... before we knew it and entire room was packed up.  The left Pierce's bed, the TV and the master bed so we could sleep in the condo one last time.

 
 
 


Since I could not help out (they would not insure it if I helped)... I started to get bored and took pics with my camera... here are some boxes...

I thought it was crazy how they packed... not to waste any space the would take a box and wrap it around the item... guess what this is?
 

The end of day 1... Pierce came home to this madness... He thought it was pretty cool at first but then noticed all his stuff was in boxes... For Dinner he mentioned to Dad that he wanted to camp in his tent to eat dinner and watch a movie... Dad mentioned that his tent was packed up and we had a minor breakdown... Pierce was in tears before we knew it... I think he had had enough... so we grabbed his blanket off the bed and made a tent as fast as we could... he was happy... 

I had to take a picture of this before we threw it away... documentation of everything Tita had ever bought... all her grocery receipts, etc. all nice and neat in a book like a checking account... I miss that Tita...

Day 2... they are back and ready to go...

The crate has arrived and they are starting to fill it... still hoping and praying that everything fits inside... the guy in charge says it will but it will be tight...

The process... they would wrap up the boxes... the boxes would be taken to the elevator... then loaded in a lory (small truck) in the basement... then taken to the street to and packed in to the crate... man these guys are good....

Here we are... almost done... still room for the last box... can you guess how many boxes there were total? 

154... wow... who would have thought... we came here with 800 lbs air shipment and now we are leaving with 154 boxes.


Getting the final thumbs up... they are finished... yeah.
It was amazing to watch these men pack that crate (I had always thought that women were better packers but they proved me wrong... or at least give us women a good run for our money)... at the end they would throw boxes around in and out and switch them up left to right, top to bottom... and I was a bit concerned about the boxes they were throwing around and then I noticed that all these boxes they were shifting around and throwing were EMPTY... they do this so there is no shifting while in transit... that is nice but what I saw and heard was that I could have had more stuff... to fill those empty boxes... oh well to late.


Welcome to our empty home... man it looks big and white... just like when we arrived...
 

One last "hurrah" in Pierce's room... on to the next adventure...



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Denton Family said...

Remember when you had only 4 plates, cups, etc when you first moved to Singapore?

 

Designed by Fabulous K