Monday, September 28, 2009

Formula 1 in Singapore!

Image via Wikipedia

The Formula One logo.Yes... another year the Formula 1 race... we got to go last year (you can check it out here) and thanks for sweet friends at Blake's work we got to go again this year... I went with Blake on Saturday night and he went both Sat. and Sunday... My ear drums can only take one day a year... HE HE HE

On our way in... we saw people standing in all the places they could to get a view of the tracks... check out the staircase...

Right before the entrance to the grandstands... there was a Starbucks booth.... it was meant to be... no chai tea but just the thought that they were close made me feel at home... :-)

The view from our seats... the construction zone for the new "Integrated Resort" on the marina... they were saying the dust from the construction site has been hard on the roads...dangerous.

Saturday night was the qualifying race (in my opinion the best night)... we did not have as good as seats as we did last year for photo taking but we got to see more of a run so that was nice...

The view to the left of my seat.... that is awesome.... the largest observation wheel in the world.
They rented out the "tubes" for the race...

Does not matter how many times I see the fire trucks here in Singapore... they just crack me up...

The skyline of downtown... and the merlion in the bottom right hand corner.

Not as good of pics as last year but I decided I was only going to try a couple of times this year... it took 100's of shots last year to get the perfect one... I figured if i got one that was good enough...


There were lots of people in front of me this year... so this black glob is someone walking by... not a ghost....:-) It is hungry ghost month though... HE HE HE

There was this cute boy next to us... I had my ear plugs in to...he was trying so hard to get the best pic... so cute....

There were half a million people there... so many people...

Do you feel like you are driving?

Trying to get out... wow I have never felt more like a cow... MOOOOOOO!

Afterwards we went to the "Travis" concert... a band from the UK... and finally got home around 1am... my ears are still ringing... but I had a blast and great time with my hubby...
Travis @ Singapore Grand Prix Formula One
We probably will not be here next year for the race... so this might be our last F1 race in Singapore... makes me sad.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Does that ferris wheel thing rotate? I'm thinking that I would FREAK OUT. You're enclosed in a little tube (claustrophobic) plus you're way up high (afraid of heights). Yes, definitely not for me.

Love the new blog look!

 

Designed by Fabulous K