Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On my knees for the Philippines!

Will you please join me in prayer for the Philippines right now...
Just a couple of days after our team left Manila, Philippines the town was hit by a Typhoon. The very place we stayed and very place we served and worshipped is under flood waters right now... The people of the Philippines need our prayers....




Please go here and here to see video of the devastating effects the typhoon had on such a sweet land of people. There are two more typhoons headed their way... please pray.

240 people have died and the death poll is still rising.... I know that this is not the first natural disaster that we have seen but I hope and pray that we never get numb to the fact of how devastating these disasters are... never has one effected me so... I guess getting to know the people there and getting loved by them and to now see them suffering so... makes my soul ache for them... I do know that our God is a good God and He will win this too...

Here is an email I just got from Laura, the pastors wife of Paco Baptist Church... the church that serves the street kids there in Manila.
Dearest Camille,

Thank you for your email. Just receiving your letter encourages me. Do continue to pray for us. We are assessing the situation around Metro Manila and neighboring towns. I learned that they are in much worse situation. We will be giving out relief goods after we determine the extent of the need and damage and which areas where our people are that have not been served yet. One pastor friend and his family had to stay for two nights on the roof since the flood waters inside their place reached to 8 ft. In desperation since they had nothing to eat, and were just drinking rain water, their eldest son jumped into the flood waters to get help. Sadly, he has not returned since. I am afraid there will be more similar stories among our people.

Two more typhoon are on their way to the Philippines. Pray they will get diverted elsewhere where they can't wreck havoc.

Again thanks!

Sincerely,

Laura

Please help me pray... Please!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Will be praying, especially since Jean's family is getting hit bad too....she told us yesterday that her house has water up to her husband's waist.....

Michelle said...

So devastating! Prayers said and the people of Manilla will remain in my prayers!

Perks said...

Praying for sure. I have fond memories of my time in the Philippines on AFCO. Such a poor country and such beautiful people.

Shelly said...

Heartbreaking. Thanks for the update. I had no idea.

da momma said...

my heart aches with you, thats so sad...praying

Leone Fabre said...

heartbreaking news and now we hear of another 'super typhoon' about to hit the Philippines... how much more can they take?

We need to keep everyone in our prayers, the Filipino people, the Indonesians, Cambodians, Vietnamese, and the Samoan's.

So much devastation in such a short time.

 

Designed by Fabulous K