Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Going to and fro...

Since Jan. 2nd our family has been literally traveling around the world... although we will always consider this a blessing to be able to see some incredible places there are always some challenges when traveling with a 3 year old...blessings and challenges.
To get from Singapore to Texas takes about 27+ hours and to get our little man comfortable, to eat, to sleep and behave on such a long journey is tough and we are willing to do what ever it takes... on the way to Texas in Jan. Pierce did great (I have not written about this yet bc when we arrived to Texas it was a surprise to most so we could not write about so 2 months later here we go)... He was awake most of the time but there was a period on our second leg where he fell asleep in his car seat and usually he will get tired of sleeping in the sitting position and just get really mad and wake up so while he was asleep we picked him up and placed him in the seat... were he continued to sleep in our seat for 4+ hours until the seat belt sign went off due to turbulence... we had to wake him up bc Daddy was standing in the back reading a magazine for 4 hours and he needed a sleep and I was sitting in his car seat watching a movie for 4+ hours and his car seats seat belt would not fit me... HE HE HE...
While I was in the seat Blake got a great (terrible) picture of me... I look monstrous in this little chair but it was quite comfortable for 4 hours... but I do have to say that when I got back in my seat later I have never been more thankful for an airplane seat.

All in all Pierce did great on the way there.. when we arrived to the airport we got a taxi and Pierce passed out again... he was so tired that he even stayed asleep while we carried him still in his car seat out of the taxi to place him in the stroller while we unloaded the bags.
He stayed a sleep for another hour while we got settled into the house... we had to wake him up to do our first errand to Target... oh how I love Target (and already miss it so).
Look at all those bags....
That night we were up as long as we could make it... playing with Grace and the toys at Aunt JuJu's house... and of course while we were at Target we had to get this Spiderman t-shirt...Pierce picked it out of course... hence the size...
We all did well staying up which helped us get over jet lag pretty easily... we did make the couch our home but our eyes were open...

I know this is really late blogging but I just found these pics and forgot that I have not put them in my blog life book yet... this makes me miss home again but reminds me how hard it is to get there... so until next time... we will rest up...

4 comments:

da momma said...

wow i cant imagine all that you juggle while traveling so much. But wow, what amazing experiences!

Denton Family said...

Home is where your heart is....

Shelly said...

How IN THE WORLD did you sit in that car seat for 4 hours? THAT is crazy. You have a smaller fanny than I, my friend, because that would not be happening with my derriere. That is crazy. You guys are such sweet parents. That is just the picture of selflessness. Love ya'll!

Renee Westcott said...

Camille- you really sat in a car seat on a airplane! That is hilarious.

 

Designed by Fabulous K