Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hoi An City... a busy place!

The beach in Hoi An, Vietnam is beautiful... and so is the little town. Janet and I got to spend a day shopping the streets of the city... wet markets, street markets of all kinds... lots of textures, lots of color, lots of smells, and TONS of people... what an experience and I of course had to play around with my camera and take a couple of interesting shots....
A small child that we saw doing homework with the TV on while we were walking to dinner...

At dinner... Pierce was fast a sleep in good hands with a babysitter...



Here is a gong that I had to have... this will some day sit on my kitchen counter at home... Pierce's school uses a gong to call the children to the table for lunch... I will do the same in my house in Houston some day... what a great memory.




Vietnam is famous for their water puppet shows... I fell in the love the water puppets the first time I saw them... Janet and I found a shop and I had to have one... so I bought two small ones.... I have not taken a picture of the ones that I bought but below is a one that was being used...

Every country I go to I HAVE to get a painting... someday our house will be full of oil painting from around the world... this is the painting that Blake and I picked out in Vietnam... it is now rolled and tubed and waiting for a frame...

We stayed in Hoi An 2 nights so we got to go out 2 nights in a row... the picture below was taken in an Italian restaurant in the heart of Hoi An... the Chef here studied in Italy for a year and he was the head Chef, the waiter, the hostess and anything else you can imagine... his energy and excitement was contagious and we all decided this was one of our favorite meals of the entire trip... yummy.

Goodbye Hoi An... and then we are headed to Hue... stay tuned to see the Forbidden city in Hue, Vietnam...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that gong, awesome! Great pictures

Renee Westcott said...

Italian food in Vietnam!

 

Designed by Fabulous K