Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Big Dawg this year!


Our big 1st grader... called year 2 here in Korea.  We are in denial (still even in Jan) that Pierce is old enough for 1st grade.  We are so proud of him in so many ways and keeps making us prouder.  God has truly blessed us with one smart, sweet, lovable, independent, and charismatic little man.


So happy to be going to Year 2.




Again this year Pierce has Mr. Milford for the composition Year 1/Year 2 class.  Last year he was in year one so he was the baby of the group and now he is the "big dawg" and so happy to be the big kid. He and another good friend named Bodhi got to stay in Mr. Milfords class.  Last year I had gone to the head master and wanted to request that Pierce stay in Mr. Milfords class bc of how well it worked out that year and how well Pierce excelled in his class.  I do like the other teachers but I did not know how Pierce would do in their class and we all knew that Pierce was happy, settled and succeeding in his current class.  So as I am talking to the Head Master he says "hold on let me check where Pierce is"... I wait while he reads the list and tells me while smiling "this is easy... he is already in Mr. Milford's class"... Meeting dismissed.... Praise you God.  

Later Mr. Milford came to talk to me (after he learned that I went to the Head Master) and said "I just want you to know that I asked for Pierce before you asked for me"... I wanted to hug the man but I didn't (should have) and my heart was about to leap out of my chest... Don't you just love people that love your children (and knowing where we have been and the trials we had in Singapore... this was a huge blessing).  So happy for Pierce... and just to give you a heads up... this year has been as great as we expected and still love Mr. Milford.
















1 comment:

Denton Family said...

I'm so happy we were part of the first day of school. So very special. Love those moments and miss those moments!

 

Designed by Fabulous K